Fremont converted to the use of toters for trash collection in July 2008. It has saved the Town thousands of dollars annually in solid waste tipping fees, as people recycle more and more so that there are only non-recyclable items in the toter for disposal.
Only one toter is issued per household. If you move from Fremont, please leave the toter behind as each was issued to a specific address. If you are completing new home construction, contact Jeanne at 895 2226 x 303 or Kathy at 895 2226 x 302 to order a new toter, once you have been issued an occupancy certificate.
USING YOUR TOTER
- Roll the toter out to the curb by 6:30 am on your collection day.
- Wheels should be facing the house (away from the street).
- Bag all trash within your toter.
- Place the toter no more than three (3) feet away from the curb and at least five (5) feet away from other containers, such as toys,
- a fence or your recycling bins.
- No waste material left outside the toter will be collected. All refuse must fit in the toter so the lid closes. No material should be left sticking out of the toter.
- The truck's lifting arm needs five (5) feet on either side of the rolling cart to wrap around the toter. Do not place toters behind parked cars or other obstructions.
- Place the toter away from low phone or electrical wires, low hanging tree branches or other overhead obstructions. A twelve (12) foot vertical clearance is necessary for the truck's lifting arm to elevate the toter.
- Be sure the arrows on the lid are pointing toward the street and the hinges face away from the street. This allows the lid to open fully when the toter is tipped over above the truck bay. If the hinges face the wrong way, the lid or hinges may be damaged.
- Only one toter is allowed per household unit. Waste Management has been in the field and is removing additional toters found at single family homes.