The Town of Fremont is a part of the 53-B solid Waste District, which sponsors a Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off day annually.
The next event will likely be held in September of 2019.
In general, the following are acceptable items:
WHAT YOU CAN BRING:
- Oil Based Paints & Strippers
- Paint Thinner, Solvents & Stains
- Varnishes, Shellacs
- Fiberglass Resins
- Solvent Adhesives
- Lighter Fluid, Ether
- Anti-freeze, Engine Degreaser
- Carburetor Cleaner, Brake Fluid
- Transmission Fluid, Car Wax
- Straight Waste Oil
- Gasoline, Diesel, Kerosene
- Poisons, Insecticides
- Weed Killers, Mothballs
- Wood Preservatives
- Pest Strips, Flea Powder
- Photo Chemicals
- Furniture, Floor & Metal Polishes
- Oven, Toilet Bowl & Drain Cleaners
- Spot Removers
- Dry Cleaning Solvents
- Septic Tank Degreasers
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Dry Cell Batteries
- Lead Compound, Mercury
- Acids, Alkali Bases
- Penta Brand Wood Preservative
- Pesticides containing 2-4-5T, Silvex
FEES CHARGED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Computer Monitor
- Desktop PC
- Notebook PC
Your Drivers license is required as proof of residency.
HOW CAN I BE SAFE IN TRANSPORTING THESE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS ?
Before transporting hazardous waste to the collection area, be sure that:
- The waste is in its original container;
- The containers are sound and not leaking.
(If a container is leaking, place entire container into a larger container of the same type).
- Products are packed closely in a sturdy open box so they will not spill. Do not use plastic bags.
NEVER MIX DIFFERENT MATERIALS!
Keep anti-freeze, waste oil, and other auto products separated.
Quantity Limit per Car: 10 gallons or 10 pounds
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
~ Latex paint (Latex paint is not hazardous when dry.) Open cans of latex paint, leave open until all paint is dried out, then dispose of dried can and lid in the garbage. To aid in drying large amounts, stir in some kitty litter).
~ Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives
~ Radioactive Wastes
~ Gas Grills / Tanks
~ Infectious & Biological Wastes
~ Commercial or Industrial Wastes
~ Auto, other wet cell batteries
~ White goods
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Southeast Regional Refuse Disposal District 53-B
603 964 5300
Southeast Regional Refuse Disposal District 53-B and New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services